nav

Image Map

Monday, August 22, 2011

B is for Beverage

My new little darlings started today. I love that they always say "You're the best teacher ever!" and I say "I'm going to tell your first grade teacher!" Their reactions crack me up.

I can already tell these kids are going to be funny. I just feel it.

Here is a quick example:

I grabbed a glass of iced tea at the end of lunch and brought it with me to recess. One little darling (I'm going to need some time before I can think of good nicknames) was curious about my drink.

Her: Ms. Buckler, what are you drinking?

Me: (holding up my clear cup that contained ICED TEA) Um...chocolate milk.

Her: Nuh uh! It's brown! It looks like beer.

Friend: Beer with ice would be gross!

Me: How do you know that beer with ice is gross?

Friend: Dunno (runs off)

Me: It's really tea.

Her: Yeah, I figured. Cause teachers shouldn't drink beer.

Me: You're right, Sweetie. Go play.

Here's a virtual toast to a great school year! I'm going to go have a glass of tea and relax. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment