nav

Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

M is for Moms

I just wanted to share our Mother's day cards with you. Better late then never I say! The idea was inspired from Craft-O-Maniac's blog.

My darlings always have fun making the flowers and love the giant bouquet we can make by putting them all together. This year, they insisted we spray them to make them smell pretty.



I take pictures of the darlings holding their hands in the air like the Statue of Liberty. I print the pictures out and glue them to the front of a piece of card stock. I use my knife to cut their fist and we stick the flowers through. Easy peasy.

 I always enjoy the messages they write inside. One little darling wrote this message to her mom. There is so much said and unsaid in this one. Tear jerker!

 I asked how much their mothers loved the cards on Monday.


I got:

"She cried 'cause I'm so cute."

"Dad didn't want me to give it to her because it was better than his card."

"Oh, yeah. That's still in my backpack."

 You should try them out one year. They are a big hit when they actually get delivered to moms.


 Photobucket Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm your newest follower. Stop by my blog anytime :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog as I was looking for awesome second grade blogs. I am switching to second grade and I am looking for new resources. I am your newest follower.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! I laughed when I read the comment about leaving it in the backpack. There's always that one student, right? Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete