nav

Image Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

S is for Summer Scheme

I've got to put all my goals down in writing so I can stay on top of them. I sometimes wish I could just turn my teacher brain off for the summer, but it just isn't that easy. I mean, seriously! Look at my list of goals (in no particular order):

1. Catch-up on my blog stalking. My Google Reader says 1000+ and that's just plain sad!

2. Organize my Dropbox files. Have you heard of Dropbox? It's amazing. My world would be over if Dropbox disappeared (that so sounded like a commercial).

 

3. Organize my classroom library using Booksource's Classroom organizer. I love that students can check out my books from my classroom library using our iPad/iPods.


4. Make 2nd Grade Treasures centers for Units 1-3. I started on Unit 3 Week 5 and went through Unit 6. Time to go back and start at the beginning of the year. Thanks to you Treasures users who buy my centers on Teachers Pay Teachers.


 5. Make some Take-Home Math packets that include games that can be played by one person. I've made some that need two players, but there are so many students who have no one to play games with at home. Anybody know of resources for 1-player math games?

6. Study some more Whole Brain Teaching ideas. I've been scouring their website and following blogs of teachers who use WBT. I used a few strategies at the end of the year last year and LOVED it. Anybody else a WBT user?

7. Read and study "The Leader In Me". I want to incorporate the "7 Habits of Happy Kids" into my classroom. There is not enough to be said about helping young learners become leaders.

The 7 Habits of Happy Kids

8. Create some of the things on my Pinterest boards. Summer is the perfect time to make those awesome things I've pinned and have been meaning to make already.

9. Reach 200 followers! I've slacked off on posting and that means  haven't gotten many new followers. I want to do a giveaway!

10. Do non school stuff. (I've been pretty good at this one so far.)

If you have any input/suggestions on my list, please leave me a comment! I love hearing your ideas!


4 comments:

  1. Love your list of goals. I need to do that more to keep me on track.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, and it sounds like you have a bit of reading to get caught up on! I'm really interested in that Dropbox site. I was just thinking about how I need to get an external hard drive or something, but they are soooo expensive. This might be a nice solution until I'm able to get one. Thanks for sharing!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking into researching WBT too! :)
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog Emily! Drop by if you need anymore WBT info :)
    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete