Wow! Huh?! Really!? Hmm...
These were things going through my head when I was told I was nominated for Teacher of the Year.
I am totally flattered and honored. I know there are teachers at school who deserve my spot and I can only hope to grow up to be like them.
But, just so I don't feel guilty, I would like to remind you of a few of my shortcomings:
(click to reread and refresh your memory)
1. I obviously don't teach enough Social Studies.
2. I fail at science experiments.
3. I sometimes spell things inappropriately.
4. I harbor plant killers.
5. I accept bribes and give them.
6. I play tricks on my students and coworkers.
And let's not forget my many misadventures with Mr. TV!
7. Like this one.
8. I squash love connections like this one I read on a Bucket slip:
I would like to fill Princess' bucket by saying: I love yur hare a lot I love you. From: History Buff
9. I have "unappropriate" books on my shelves about princesses who toot and farmers in Bremen that murder their animals.
10. I don't encourage students to love all kinds of music...
Prudence: Ms. Buckler, have you ever heard of Bon Jovi?
Me: I think I've heard their songs once or twice (in person).
Cutie: Have you ever heard of Justin Beiber?
Me: That's not real music! I don't listen to that junk!
Wow. Maybe I should have reminded you of these things BEFORE the nominations.
Thank you to all my readers and supporters. I love you and your hare.