nav

Image Map

Saturday, March 17, 2012

B is for Brain Breakfast {freebie}

Our school has a "sacred" time set aside to do our intervention small groups.

The tricky part is keeping the on/above grade level kids busy. During this time, we provide enrichment for these students.

I use this poster to remind my darlings what they should be doing in the mornings while I work with my small group.

{Click picture to get freebie!}

This is what students do on each day:
Monday - math practice pages, unfinished math work, math games
Tuesday - Daily Oral Language, use whiteboards to write sentences using weekly grammar skill
Wednesday - weekly journal prompt
Thursday - brain teasers/challenge, holiday worksheet/activity
Friday - students choose a free choice activity/project or finish any weekly unfinished work

I feel like these activities provide my darlings with independent learning opportunities. My highest achieving students step up and act as "assistant teachers" while I'm busy.

It also creates a morning routine that gets students ready for their day.

I hope this is useful in your classroom. =)

Photobucket
 Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! It's always challenging keeping everyone else busy and engaged and learning while pulling small groups. :) Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete