nav

Image Map

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I is for Invitation

Dear Your Honorable...(that is how we're supposed to address our Representatives)

I have written previously, but I would also like to add an invitation. I would love it if you could find the time to visit our classrooms. I invite you to pop in anytime, unannounced, for as long as you can stay. You could pull up a chair and read with a child, help with math, or even do a science experiment. We would love the opportunity to show you what a real, Title 1 classroom is like. You'll see firsthand, the children we teach, the hours of planning we've put in, and the great opportunities we offer. You can see the kinds of teachers that make a difference every day and what great students we produce. You will also see that running schools like a business is not the way to support the children who will become our future. Thank you for your time!


I hope on the day they visit...(chuckle)...they hear Mr. TV yell something like this:

HEY! I GET TO ADD THE STICKERS BECAUSE I AM LINE LEADER! I GET TO ADD THEM AND THAT'S THAT!
(When Coach did not let him add the stickers to the P.E. chart for the day)

Or

I'M A PERSON TOO!
(When he realized the 100th something day of school that his desk is in a "special spot" where he has less distractions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment