nav

Image Map

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

E is for Embarrassing

Embarrassing for me. Embarrassing for the boys.

I had to have THE TALK today. No, not that THE TALK you crazy people, they're just 8 year olds. Geez.

It was THE APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR IN THE RESTROOM TALK.

For those of you who have never been inside our Boys' restrooms in the hallway, you need to know that there are urinals. Just like a public restroom, but slightly shorter. You may even find a dirty word or two. Not sure if there are any girls' phone numbers scratched into the doors since I don't really spend more than .0002 seconds in the place.

The point is that it is hard to get any privacy in there, but I hear that boys don't care so much about that kind of thing. Most of them anyway.

Well, Mr. TV has been known to just drop his drawers and take care of business, but the boys just come out rolling their eyes. I yell in from the doorway, "Mr. TV be appropriate, do your business, and GET OUT!"

I guess it was a little crazier in there today. Mr. Responsible felt that it was his duty to let me know that another dude (NOT Mr. TV) was in there being "unappropriate" (FYI, that's the opposite of appropriate).

It was kind of like this:

Mr. R: Um, Ms. Buckler, um, so-and-so is in there showing his...(points towards his pants)

Me: What do you mean? His what?

Mr. R: Um, you know! His...um...thing...

Mr. Jokester: Ms. Buckler! Mr. Responsible is trying to say that so-and-so is showing his privates to everyone and it's just rude and gross.

Me: Oh! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh! I get it....BOYS GET OVER HERE NOW!
       Um girls, you go over there and talk amongst yourselves.

The lecture went something like this:

Me: Okay guys, this is going to be embarrassing for all of us. I'm a girl and I do not like having to tell boys how to behave in the restrooms. I've heard that someone was being rude and inappropriate in the restroom. You need to go in there, do your business as quickly as possible, wash your hands, and GET OUT! I expect that you will keep your privates to yourself...That's why they're called PRIVATES! If I hear of anyone else being inappropriate with their body, he will go to Ms. Keene and explain why he now has to use the clinic restroom. Get it? Got it? Good!


Rico Suave: Man, that WAS embarrassing...

Mr. TV: BUT MS. BUCKLER! WE'RE ALL BOYS AND WE HAVE THE SAME PARTS!

Me: Dude! Just get in line and put a bubble in your mouth!

(That's an issue for the third grade teachers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment