nav

Image Map

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

T is for Technology Tip Tuesday

Today is Technology Tip Tuesday!


I will admit. I'm am ADDICTED to my technology. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, iPods...iLove them all! 

I come from the generation of people who were teenagers when we first started inserting those AOL CDs into computers and waited for that dial tone to take us to the World Wide Web. Even earlier than that, I was the kid who knew how to run Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? on the old Apple computers in elementary school. 


Yes, my generation is probably the beginning of the "addicted to technology" age. My point is that I'm NOT AFRAID of trying new things and using technology. My teammates often find me to fix problems. They swear I can just walk into the room and their computers start working. =)

One of my bad habits is losing things. I like to set things in my hands down in random places and they are never to be seen again. This was the case of my flash drive (aka pin/thumb drive/plug in computer thingy). 16GB of files gone! I was a little upset. 

Luckily, there was a solution for people like me. I've mentioned it before and if you use it, I'm sure you'll agree. Best part? It's FREE! And anything FREE is for ME!

It's called Dropbox and it is fabulous. It's basically an online flash drive. You can put any and all files on it and they are saved on their site. I have my account linked to my iPad, phone, school computer, and it's always available on the website. I share folders with my teammates and it is great for collaborative planning.


Mine looks like this:


My folders have sub-folders. This is close to being my teacher heaven. If Dropbox were to dissapear, I would have a meltdown. (No...I don't work for them, but I like to keep my options open! Call me Dropbox Human Resources!)

Give it a try and you won't be sorry. I hope it helps you as much as it has me.

Anybody else have the Carmen Sandiego song stuck in their head, too? ;-)

 Photobucket Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do without dropbox! It is by far one of the best Web 2.0 tools out there! Great post!

    I'm your newest follower! Found you from the blog hop.

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dropbox too!!! :-) And I used to LOVE computer lab day at school to play Oregon Trail!!! Remember Math Munchers...?!?!?! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to check out dropbox. It sound really neat. I'm a second grade teacher as well. I am also your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookmarked!!, I love your blog!
    My page - cool article topics

    ReplyDelete