nav

Image Map

Sunday, April 15, 2012

F is for Furry Friends

Sandy is having a fun linky party! If you do not like animals...skip this post. =)

My dogs get their own place over on my sidebar, but now they get their own post, too.

This is Penny.

We do not know what kind of dog she is, but it doesn't matter. She thinks she is a human anyway.

I got her from the pound about 6 years ago. She was giving me a look that said, "Whatever. I don't care. Take me home or not. Doesn't matter to me." We named her after Penny on the Rescuers, but she is also kind of shaped like a roll of pennies. Notice the short legs. We can only guess she is part pit bull and part something short.

She enjoys long walks anywhere, kissing men, and eating anything that belongs/came from the cat.

When I got Penny I lived in a small apartment and did things like this to her:


She paid me back like this:


So I promised to buy her a home with a yard.

When I finally bought my house, I decided Penny needed a dog of her own to take care of.



So we went back to the same pound and got her Paisley. She came with a bandana and the name. Penny did not like her much at first. She grew on us all. She was a very bad counter surfer and refused to be house trained.

This was Paisley then...little, fluffy, and cute:


This is Paisley now...gigantic, fluffy, and still cute. Also very photogenic:


Paisley enjoys howling at Jeopardy music, whining and whimpering when there is a change of normal activities, and hiding behind me when there are strange rabbits around. She still counter surfs (maybe because Penny tells her to) and is wonderfully potty trained (except when there are good looking men around).

I also suspect she thinks she is a small cat.


Now, before both of these dogs, there was Micho. My nephew. He has lived with us for about 12 years. We have a love/hate relationship. Mostly because he makes me sneeze and sheds EVERYWHERE.


He is getting old, but still likes to act like a kitten. Here is proof:


Well, during the day he sleeps. At night, he goes crazy. Believe me. He has had to facetime his mother at night and explain himself several times.

 

They all have their quirks. Penny loves her ball, Paisley loves her bone, and Micho loves to look with disdain upon the canines and get in my way. But, I love them. Even the cat (sometimes).


Happy Sunday everyone!


Photobucket
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Paisley the cat-er-um-dog on the back of the sofa cracks me up! They are just all so stinkin' cute! I've linked up to the party too, so come by and meet Miss Maggie Bleu!

    Furbaby Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so sweet!! I love your cat comments:)) Reminds me of that post going around FB about the Dog's Diary and the Cat's Diary!! All of these great post about everyones dogs makes me wish we had one.....oh well, someday:))

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post!!!! Thank you for sharing them with us! I especially like how Micho has to facetime his mom to explain his behavior! Paisley and Penny are absolutely adorable too! :-) I can tell they must give you a lot of laughs and good times! Thanks again!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like a wonderful bunch! I'm a sucker for cute, lovable pets! I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and they each have their own personalities and quirks but I love them tons! I love Paisley on the back of the couch! Too funny! My dogs are medium to large and think they are lap dogs! They sure are fun to come home to (well except for when they have been into something) :) Thanks for sharing...
    Stacee

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave me a great idea for my 2 dogs! They are my kids! If you are interested in integrating technology- maybe drop by my blog! I am your new follower!

    Mindy

    iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete