nav

Image Map

Monday, April 9, 2012

R is for Recharge (plus Moon freebie)

Today was the return to school after a nice, relaxing spring break.

I was in a little bit of a funk, but I was trying to "choose my attitude". (I cannot blame it on the fact that I stayed up past my bedtime to watch GCB. That show is hilarious!)

I was just a little annoyed that my car decided to not start yesterday. Which just made me imagine the sound of money flushing down the toilet.

On top of that, I think I'm going to need a new pool pump because it won't start.

And then my electric toothbrush wouldn't start. (Don't worry, I figured out that it still brushed.)

And then I stubbed my toe trying to walk in my classroom in the dark.

First world problems I know...But still, that's not how I wanted to start my Monday after spring break.


I was all ready to move to Australia with Alexander. I felt like a big ol Pout Pout Fish.

Anyways...

And then (does anyone else's darlings tell stories with 'and then'....?) I opened the door to my students and they chased the clouds away.

Here were some comments:

"I was so bored I read, like, 57 books!"

"I was so bored I actually read a book."

"I was so tired of my mom's cooking that I actually missed school lunch."

"You can only play so much DS before it makes your thumbs hurt."

"My lice are gone!"

"I almost forgot what you looked like."

"Hey! There's that cookie I left in my desk!" (9 days later!)

and the best...

"I missed you, Ms. Buckler."

Yeah, that'll take the drearie wearies away.

Also, my darlings who did one of my centers found a mistake today. Some of the labels were missing on the moon headband. So, you can get the fixed one here for free.

Moon Hat


And then I added a 'Free Stuff' tab at the top up there ^. Check it out.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Photobucket
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. hehe- I don't know if I'll ever desire school lunch! lol
    thanks for giving me the moon! (hehe - movie quote- do you know it??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the lice is gone and the cookie was found! :) Have a good Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! One of my kiddos shared a similar sentiment as one of yours. He said he forgot what I looked like. Good thing he recognized me when I got to the pick up line today!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL
    "My lice are gone!"
    Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Thanks for sharing the moon hat. I can't WAIT to use this with my class!

      Jenny
      Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! This idea is perfect. Thanks for leading me to it!

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newest follower...trying to find out everything about you. There is a good reason behind that :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete