nav

Image Map

Monday, April 23, 2012

L is for Ladybugs

Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year? I really do. Everything is much more fun on the downhill slide to Third Grade.

Today we came to school and found our ladybugs were ready to be released. This worked out perfectly as we just started life cycles in Science. Way to cooperate, ladybugs!

We made these life cycle ladybugs and waited for our larvae to turn into adult ladybugs. Yes, we also giggled and said "pupa, pupa, pupa" a few times last week.

 
Releasing them is always fun. I just keep {mostly} quiet and listen to the comments. It is often hilarious.


"Ahh! It tickles!"

"Aren't they just going to become bird food?"

"What's that black stuff left over in there?"



"Do you think they'll visit us if they come back to the butterfly garden?"

Well, I was trying to video {quietly} and there was a slight problem...Someone kept stepping on my toes.


Sheesh...Kindergarteners! She was late to school and decided to just slip in on the fun. I need to talk to her teacher about the difference between ladybugs and caterpillars...once I figure out who she is. She was long gone by the time I said "class".

As well as my little guy who thought we had caterpillars, but that's a whole different story.

P.S. My squeaky voice is only at the beginning. The other squeaky voice is my little Miss Assistant.

Tomorrow we do our BIG test! I hope there are not ladybug/caterpillar questions on it...

Photobucket
 Pin It

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the ladybug life cycle wheel!! I honestly have never seen one, but put it in my "maybe" bucket! What a great experience!! Adam Putnam was on the news with some kids planting a garden and promoted this activity for math, science, nutrition and life skills. Love that guy! This would make him proud! Good job Ms. Buckler, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love the pics.

    Have a great week!
    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm sure your kids will remember this experiece for years to come.

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lady bugs, we are doing caterpillars now and hope to get ladybugs going next week. where did you get the cute lady bug life cycle?

    ✿Tiffani
    Time 4 Kindergarten
    Time 4 Organization
    time4kindergarten@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was passed down to me from our science resource teacher. This link is cute, too: http://www.lapbooklessons.com/LadyBugLapbook.html

      Delete
  5. so we just let go of our ladybugs too!! but ummm...it was more because we saw baby cockroaches crawling in the "house!!"

    ReplyDelete