nav

Image Map

Thursday, January 26, 2012

P is for Pig Math

Okay, so I've been complaining about double digit subtraction since we've been back from winter break. It's really making me nuts.


We've been playing Around the World to practice basic math facts, but I feel so bad for those little darlings that can't seem to leave their seats. Even when I flip up the 0 + 4 = flashcard and give their opponent a raised eyebrow and the "look". Even when I asked my "super subtractor" to take one for the team. What?! It was actually her idea. She's sensitive to others' feelings.

So we're going to start Pig Math on Monday. If you need extra math practice in your class, head on over to Lory's blog or TPT store. She has FABULOUS math resources!

I'm planning on starting with addition/subtraction facts to 12 and rewarding with an ice cream sundae party when we finish. I figured it will be a good way for us to end the quarter.

This is my latest Vistaprint creation:
Front (rack card)
Back
I do love me some ice cream!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Cute idea!!! I LOVE this!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How awe-snort!!!! That oughta get 'em a-rootin' for ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA :) I have tried to lock/unlock my classroom doors more than once this year with my car keys :) Glad to hear there is someone else out there like me! Have a great rest of your day :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily...
    Thanks for blogging about PIG Math... I love your ice cream idea.
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, if someone doesn't like sprinkles, can they just skip the 11s??


    I'm thinking I'll turn this idea into homemade pizza and DS will get to make it.

    ReplyDelete